Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School is in session!

This is our first official week of "school." It didn't start off like I had prayed for, but God knows better than I do! My hubby ended up getting strep throat, so with him being home the last couple of days it has been very distracting for the kids! They don't want to do their schoolwork, they want to hang out with dad! Well, it was fine today because I ended up going out and getting a haircut..lol. But, it hasn't been too bad, really. We did do school and cover the more "important" subjects. I know I'm just being too hard on myself because I had their first day planned differently (in my mind). I was also supposed to go to dinner with one of my longtime (is that a word?) girlfriends, but that had to be cancelled because of a last minute soccer/coach/other coach/parent/referee/dispute board meeting that my hubby had to go to. But, we are going to dinner tomorrow, so I'm excited about that! I've known her since we were 14 years old (Freshmen in highschool), so whenever I get to see her (which is too far and few in between) it is always so much fun! It's like time has not passed us by! It's never awkward or quiet..lol. I'm sure I'll take pictures of us tomorrow!

Anywho..have alot going on this weekend. On Saturday, my girls and their dad are going to Father/Daughter Princess Ball at our church! I got my girls matching dresses, and they are soooooo beautiful! I have to get their shoes by Friday, and I'm getting their hair done on Saturday afternoon. It's going to be a special night for all the girls and the dads!! Of course, I had to find a way to be there, so I'll be helping out in the kitchen with dessert and taking pictures along the way..heehee. So the plan is that the dads take their daughter(s) out to dinner, and then from 7-9 they all meet at church for dessert, dancing (Christian DJ), and pictures. They are also having a couple of contests and a special testimony from one of the dads and his daughters. My girls have been looking forward to this since they heard about it! So...look out for pictures!

No comments: