Friday, March 6, 2009

JUNIOR HIGH CAMP!

My two older kids left for winter camp this morning with the Junior High group from our church. My daughter was especially excited to go since her friends were going also. She's so funny....last week her exact words to me were, "Mom, I need three new outfits for camp." MY exact words back to her were, "You're not going on vacation, you're going to CAMP." So, we compromised and I bought her three new tops! She was happy with that! I don't even know the name of the camp they're going to, but we just know that they are in good hands..LOL!! It's even more quiet in the house with them gone. But, they'll be back Sunday evening and it will be like they never left.

The good ole' church bus!
Photobucket
My son (2nd to the left) and some of his friends.
Photobucket
My daughter (in the black jacket) and some of her friends! Her and that facial expression!!
Photobucket
The kids being told the "rules" before getting on the bus. Afterward, the Youth Pastor prayed for them.
Photobucket
Another angle of all the kids going to camp!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Susie said...

How fun is that???

Laura said...

I've never hear of Winter Camp before, but sounds great. I hope they are safe and have a good time! Enjoy your little break! ;)

Natalie Marie Guarascio said...

3 NEW outfits for camp, that is funny. Teenagers are so cute. I love your blog. :)

really.truly said...

Awww, how fun for them. It's great when you know they are in good hands!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

3 new outfits, huh? You can't blame her for trying :o) I hope they have a great time!

JMBMOMMY said...

Oh..camps were soo much fun! Wow, 3 new outfits...that is so funny!

Debbie said...

That will be so much fun!

R and R Stacy said...

I remember those days...how fun! Enjoy your weekend!

McCrakensx4 said...

What fun! Brendan went on his first overnight church camp last summer and I was so happy and sad for him at the same time! He had so much fun though! It was the first time being away with the exception of family! Hoping they enjoy their time away and hoping you enjoy a more quiet house! Enjoy those little ones!!

Casey's trio said...

So fun! I loved going to camp when I was growing up. Gret memories. Hope your kids have a blast!

Denise said...

I pray that they have an awesome time.

joanofalltrades said...

Winter camp....cool. Nice break for you. You daughter needs to patent that facial expression. I was waiting for it even before I saw that picture. LOL!

Amy B said...

I hope they have a great time . Enjoy your little break too..Because Sunday will be here before you know it...lol

Kelli W said...

Sounds like they are going to have a great weekend!! I remember having a blast at church camps when I was younger!

Beth in NC said...

I'm sure they are having a great time!

Enjoy some quiet time.

Love,
Beth

Daphine said...

How fun! I hope that they had a great time! You're a sucker for that "I need a new outfit too." Glad to know that I am not the only one. lol!

tiki_lady said...

i love youth camp we have ours during the summer1