Tuesday, January 5, 2010

GREAT EATS ON SUNDAY!

After church on Sunday, we went out to lunch with a couple of our friends. It was really relaxing because our four older kids went to their friends houses, and we just had our youngest, Veronica, with us.

We ate at this place called "Taiwan", and it was good enough to curb the craving for Chinese food. It wasn't the most authentic, and the 70's soft rock music playing in the background didn't really seem to fit with the theme of the restaurant.

But, who am I to complain. It was a nice lunch, with even better company!

We started off with the typical Won Ton Soup.
Photobucket

Moo Shu Pork. If you've had this before, then you know it is served with thin "pancakes." Well, it was kind of funny when they served it with TORTILLAS!!! I was tempted to ask if we could have cheese to make quesadillas. But, I have to admit that it was pretty good.
Photobucket

I don't remember the name of this dish, but it was spicy beef.
Photobucket

Gotta have the fried rice! Do you see the moo shu burrito in the background?
Photobucket

Chow Mein...
Photobucket

And finally, Cashew Chicken.
Photobucket

When we were done, our friend Warren suggested we get some frozen yogurt just a couple of blocks away. Great way to walk off the food. But, doesn't the yogurt cancel that out afterward?
Photobucket

So many toppings to choose from!
Photobucket

Of course, every little girl has to have pink sprinkles.
Photobucket

26 comments:

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

That looks so good! We love chinese food but we are super picky about it. Our favorite chinese restaurant is 80 miles south of us where we used to live. We can't find any decent ones where we live now, so we miss yummy chinese all the time. I'm with you though, if some quiet time is included in the meal it really doesn't matter what it tastes like. Glad that you had a good time :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, you got my mouth watering again! Why must you torture me?!

Susie said...

Oh yum!! I definitely see some Chinese food in my future now! Thanks for the inspiration:-)

Mo said...

Yummmmmmmmmmm. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Stephanie said...

You would laugh at me when I ordered Chinese food. I get fried rice plain. I just want the rice-none of the other stuff they put in there :) I know I'm crazy!

The yogurt looks really yummy! I'm partial to pink sprinkles too. I love how you got some alone time with Veronica-that's always fun!

jen@odbt said...

I'm laughing b/c yesterday I was craving lemon bars and today Chinese food.

Laura said...

I haven't found a good chinese place in the US!! Drives me bonkers! Those dishes look really good though. Yumm!

Mrs. Davison said...

I think, today, I'd go straight to the yogurt! It's healthy, right? :)

Robyn said...

Yummy that all looks so good! Sounds like a wonderful time!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Wow that looks so Yummylicious!
☼¨`*•.♥【ツ】♥.•*¨`☼

Kelli W said...

I'm not a huge fan of chinese food...but those yogurt toppings look really yummy! I love that Veronica got pink sprinkles:)

Buckeroomama said...

I don't ever feel guilty over frozen yogurt (hey, as long as it's not ice cream)! :)

Kimberly said...

Again with the mouth watering posts! A visual feast for the eyes. :)

Carin said...

Oohh, I could really go for some chinese food right now! Now I'm seriously craving it thank you! I was surprised to find out our little town has a Chinese resturant however it's not very good =( Glad you had such a fun outing!

Darcie said...

OK...I deem your blog the best food pictures in blog land. I officially ask to be adopted by your family because you eat such yummy food! I am hungry and I want it all!!!

Guess I will just sit here and sip my water. :-(

Lauren said...

okay - I am craving chinese now! It's 12:45pm and I haven't taken lunch yet ... I am really drooling!!!!! Those pictures look yummy!!

mama's smitten said...

Yum! Okay Im ready for luch now!

Lorrie said...

ok...we're such chinese restaurant purist over here...but I admit that does look good. Never hurts to have a little tortillas with your fried rice. Our favorite Thai Restaurant is called Thai/Peru (the wife is Thai the husband is Peruvian) go figure!

Michelle said...

Had to laugh at the moo soo burritos. That just doesn't seem right does it?

Sara said...

Pink sprinkles.. ahhh.. to be little again!

Liz Mays said...

You ate like kings and queens!

Mostlygrocery said...

OMG OMG, I'm such a huge fan of fried rice!

Muthering Heights said...

Girl, you are such a tease with all these food posts!!!

I have yet to find a good Asian restaurant in my town...where I've lived for almost five years...

:(

Veronica Lee said...

Yummy!!
I'm with Darcie - you do have the best food pics in blogosphere!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK it's 10:38 pm and now I'm starving, LOL!!!!!

Aubrey said...

Moo shu burrito?!?!? I'm perplexed! LOL