Saturday, January 23, 2010

SPAGHETTI NIGHT

My family loves spaghetti! I probably make that more than any other meal.

It's easy, hearty, inexpensive, it feeds a lot, and tastes even better the next day.

I normally make baked spaghetti with tons of cheese (thanks to Paula Deen's cookbook), but sometimes good ole' fashion spaghetti does the trick.

I'm not fancy by any means, and I don't have a secret family recipe. I use a common spaghetti sauce (Ragu), and I don't add any fancy spices. Just give me some salt & pepper!

The only thing I did differently this night was add in some mild Italian sausage (which I have not done in awhile). It gives the sauce that extra kick!

All I did was cut them in little pieces and fried them till they were no longer pink on the inside. I let them drain on a paper towel before I added it to the sauce.
Photobucket

At the same time, I was browning my ground beef in another pot.
Photobucket

While the sauce was simmering, and the noodles were boiling, I had my younger kids two prepping the french bread.
Photobucket

And that's it! Our spaghetti dinner (with veggies on the side). It was a winner and everyone had seconds! Always a good thing!
Photobucket

28 comments:

Jennifer said...

What time should I be over for dinner tomorrow?

Mamí♥Picture said...

Oh my that looks so yummy!

Beth in NC said...

Looks so yummy!

McCrakensx4 said...

Is it ok that I am now craving spaghetti at 7 am?! Looks so yummy...and a fav in our house too!

JMBMOMMY said...

Everytime I ask my hubby what is for dinner--this is his answer. I think it is just the only food he can think of and the only food he can cook. lol Looks yummy.

Sawatzky family said...

Simple dishes can be the best tasting! :)
mmmmmm....french bread!

Chris said...

i love spaghetti! :D

Veronica Lee said...

My boys live on spaghetti!!

Robyn said...

Oh yummy that looks so good! I Love spaghetti!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

I think I need to go make some spaghetti now... (BTW, don't you live in Walnut Creek? If so, let me know. I have a question for you.)

Tara said...

I have never added italian sausage but maybe I should give it a try. Husband loves it on pizza.

The imPerfect Housewife said...

DOUBLE yum!!!! Great minds think alike - I'm posting a spaghetti sauce recipe next week. I actually really like Ragu though too - and I love your sausage idea! I need to go eat something ~ ♥

Kelli W said...

We love spaghetti at our house too! I love that a huge pot will feed my kiddos for like three days:) I love your idea of adding sausage...I bet that makes it really yummy!

Stacy said...

We like spaghetti too:)

Yummy!!! Maybe I will cook that tonight!

Helene said...

That looks so delicious!!! I wanna lick my computer screen!! I use Ragu too but I usually make turkey meatballs to go in the sauce...my kids aren't wild about any sauce though. They'd much prefer butter and parmesan cheese.

mama's smitten said...

Yum! I love spaghetti ! Never had it with sausage though!

Susie said...

It looks yummy! We have spaghetti almost every week:-)

He & Me + 3 said...

It is a quick and easy and filling meal. my family all loves it except Model. She won't eat the sauce.

Happy said...

I am so stealing the sausage idea! The picture just made me wish tonight was spaghetti night here, but its pizza night (homemade...). Maybe tomorrow, though!

Cathy said...

Yum! We love spaghetti at our house, too! In fact, it's on the menu for next week. I've never tried cooking it with sausage, though.

Your dish looks yummilicious!

joanofalltrades said...

Spaghetti is always a great meal to fall back on when you are in a fix for dinner. We eat it about once a week. My husband is becoming a fan of your blog. He especially likes that your kids help you cook :)

Mrs. Davison said...

Yum! I'm Italian, so I never use Ragu (wink, wink).

Denise said...

Delicious.

Muthering Heights said...

My family also LOVES pasta...I like to serve it with roasted veggies! YUM!!!

tiki_lady said...

yum, i make it that way too!

Kim said...

I bet the sausage tasted really good. It looks yummy!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Man- It is 1am here and I am hungry for that stuff!!! Looking good and yummy!

Liz Mays said...

That looks sooooo good!!!!!