Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For The Love Of Reading!

I'm so glad that my three younger kids inherited the love of reading from me! I remember when I was their age and getting those forms from school to order books. I can't even begin to explain how much I LOVED that, and I always wished I was able to get all the books I wanted! When I was older, I loved walking into a bookstore! I could stay in one for hours!

Of course, when the kids were little, I wouldn't be able to take the kids with me without them getting impatient or bored. Now that they are older, they asked if they could buy books instead of returning them at the library.

I was like, "SURE!!!!!!!"

I couldn't wait to go to Borders because they were having a closeout sale!

So, I went with my two youngest boys, and I had such a great time with them!

Here is Eli looking for books to buy!
Photobucket

He's helping Danny choose a book! Eli picked out a book light for when he reads at night!
Photobucket

Danny was very interested in the Lego's!
Photobucket

I was interested in the cookbooks! So many to choose from!
Photobucket

They waited patiently till I was done!
Photobucket

And here is what we left with! Danny ended up getting a big lego set, too!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Ooh, you got Encyclopedia Brown! I loved the series and now J is very much into it, too. =) He just stopped by while I'm typing this and immediately spotted the Encyclopedia Brown. :)

HalfCrazy said...

I love reading too! Before College, when I can't save up from my allowance yet, I borrow a lot of books from the school's library so I earned a spot in their Top 10, averaging about 15-20 books a month. I can't compete the others, who average 50 a month!

Now in College, I buy my own books and have a mini library of my own! Oh the joy of loving! I like my nieces and nephew to be mesmerized into the world of reading too!

So glad your kids appreciate reading at their early age.

Kelli W said...

Wow! You got a lot of great stuff! My boys would have been checking out the Legos too:)

Susie said...

Great haul!!!

Pilar said...

I see a lot of my girl's favorite. Ramona, Junie B Jones.... We all love going to the book store together also. I love that they LOVE reading, more than playing video games

Lyryn said...

What great fun!!!

Lady_Myx said...

was here! ;D

Michelle A'etonu said...

oh, how i miss b&n and borders! i used to love ordering books throughout elementary school too. memories. i think it's awesome the kiddos love to read. i never grew up liking to read, but i'm making sure sina will!

Lauren said...

reading is the BEST! I've always been a huge book worm! Love seeing that your kids are too! :) and YAY for great sales!

Unknown said...

What an awesome selection! I miss going to B&N..haven't been there in a couple of months..The cookbooks are a fave too! love the pictures!