Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Virginia Is For Lovers

When my sister and I were kids, we had t-shirts with those exact words on the front! Oh, and it also had a big red heart! I loved that shirt!

And that really does describe how I feel about Virginia. That's where I was born, that's where my grandparents live, where my FAVORITE Aunt lives, and many more relatives from my mother's side of the family.

All my memories from Virginia are wonderful ones. Even though we never lived there, I can't help but feel like I am "home" when I walk into my grandparents house.

I love to share the stories of my times in Virginia with my children, in hopes that they could somehow get a glimpse of what I felt at the time.

I don't think they'll ever get it! But, that's okay. They can experience it for themselves.

Our plan (Lord willing) is to take a vacation there next summer. I am looking forward to it already. Just spending the little time I had with them and my Aunt this week made me realize how much I miss them. My Aunt is truly an original! She can make the shyest person come out of their shell (or scare them to death). LOL! But, she always has good intentions, and it's a total understatement when I say she is the life of the party!

While they were here visiting in California this week, we went to a couple of places with them! Of course, eating is always involved.

Here is my youngest with my mom and my grandparents. They look WONDERFUL for being 90 and 92 years old! God has been good to them!!
IMAG1018


Here we are!! Ready to eat!! The almost hour long wait was worth it!
IMG_3159

The day before they left back home, my Aunt & Grandparents treated us to The House Of Prime Rib. I've posted about it on my blog before. It's a wonderful prime rib restaurant in the city, and their PR is to die for!! It was their first time there, and they enjoyed it! Here is my mom, my aunts girlfriend, and my aunt!!
IMAG1026

Here's the infamous prime rib cart!! It goes to each room, and they personally cut it for you right there!
primerib

Oh yah, baby! Medium well..end cut!! Deeelish!
primerib2

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You certainly always find the most fabulous delicacies!

Jennifer said...

Yeees! I love House of Prime Rib! Last time we were in SF, my family and I ate there - and I never get tired of it! :-) BTW, your grand parents look AMAZING for 90 and 92! You've got good genes, friend! :-)