Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sentimentality

My beloved mother in-law passed last December.

It was unexpected, and it left all of us with a big hole in our hearts.

Not only was she a loving wife and mother, but an exceptionally wonderful, loving grandmother.

There were no favorites. Everyone was equal in her eyes.

She was married to my father in-law for over 50 years. Amazing.

It's sad to see him live out the rest of his life on this earth without her. But, he's doing it, and he is a lot stronger than he realizes.

Our biggest comfort is that she gave her life to the Lord many years ago. We have that assurance that we will see her again one day.
 
So, little by little, my father in-law has been parting with things in the house that he doesn't need or use anymore.

One of the things is her vehicle. We were blessed to take it home with us this past weekend. It's like a piece of her is still with us. She took such great care of it, and I know that she would be happy knowing that we are taking care of it, too.
 photo IMG_20140831_103452_zpsa6734d2a.jpg

Here's a picture of all my kids with her and my father in-law. This was taken a couple of summers ago. One of my favorites!!!
 photo 290043_10151040360806911_1621549219_o_zps9971e26e.jpg

Until we see her again, she will always be missed...

No comments: