Friday, November 12, 2010

FRIDAY PHOTO FLASHBACK

I started "Friday Photo Flashback" because I have so many pictures from my PRE-digital camera days. I thought it would be fun to scan them and share them here with you. I'm having so much fun doing this, that I would love for you to join me, too! So dig out the photo albums and put your scanner to good use! Don't forget to sign in to MckLinky so we can all visit and comment on each others blogs!

1993

Since we are honoring all the past and present soldiers on Veteran's Day, I thought it would be great to share a photo of my husband (on the far right) and two of his buddies when they were in the Army Reserves. Originally, my husband wanted to be a nurse, but after working in the hospitals, he knew it wasn't for him. His friend on the far left is now a policeman, and I'm not sure what his friend in the middle does (but they still keep in touch).

Photobucket


21 comments:

Natalie A. said...

This is an awesome picture and perfect for today! Have a great weekend!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, your husband looks so intimidating in his uniform!!

XmasDolly said...

Now, you new I would be here. Hope all is well for you & yours. I guess great minds think alike. I went the same route you did. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

That's a great picture:)Have a blessed weekend!

Susie said...

Thank him for his service!

Adoption of Jane said...

Handsome Men!! Great photo.

Amanda said...

Great shot! Your hubby is sure handsome!

Kimberly said...

You couldn't have picked a more appropriate photo for this weekend. :) Looking good!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

What a great picture, Alicia ~ perfect timing! Ahhh, a man in uniform...need I say more?? :D

Unknown said...

My Mom wanted to be a nurse when she first went to college and then she said the same thing your husband did....she couldn't do it.

Susan Cook said...

That's a great photo! Happy (belated) Veteran's Day!

myletterstoemily said...

your husband looks so handsome in his
military garb. tell him we said thank you
for his service to our country.

Darcie said...

What a great picture in honor of Veterans Day Alicia! Thankful for all who serve and have served.

Stephani Cochran said...

Gotta love our military men! I have so much respect and appreciation for them.

Serendipityissweet said...

What a great picture! God bless him.

It's great to hear from you again Alicia. I hope all is well with you and your family :)

Together We Save said...

Wonderul photo choice for this week!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Colette S said...

That is such a nice photo of them.

Here is to our brave men.

Unknown said...

Your husband looks so serious in that photo. It's great that they all still keep in touch.

Helene said...

What a wonderful photo...and perfect in honor of Veteran's DAy!

Veronica Lee said...

Great pic as always, ALicia! Missed you!!! Blogging isn't the same without you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Yay! I sure do miss you! I know that you have been real busy :o) I am going to link up now..so happy to see that the link is still open. I came earlier and didnt see your post.

That is so neat that they keep in touch. I do think guys in uniforms look great...I do love seeing my hubby in his uniform...I tease him that I keep his flight suit handy, just so that I can see him in it whenever I miss that...I don't miss the days of deployments though!

Blessings & Aloha!