Saturday, March 3, 2012

What The Pho?

My husband and I had a random "date night" a couple of days ago. I think those spontaneous moments are the best!! We just had to buy pizza for the kids, and they were happy campers! I can't even begin to explain how nice it is to have this new found freedom! We already have built in babysitters!

I surprised myself by telling my husband we should go get some Pho (Vietnamese soup pronounced phu). It's always my last choice of where to eat, but they do have some other awesome dishes! And, it is one of the best Pho places around!

Let me tell ya, you appreciate a nice, quiet meal once you have kids. No rush, no mess, and no worrying about anyone else!!

My husband tried this particular soup for the first time. I don't remember the name, but it had some interesting "parts" in it! He did say it was tasty...AND the last time he orders this.
Photobucket

I play it safe...all the time! Barbeque pork, and barbeque shrimp over rice noodles.
Photobucket

And after our hearty meal, we drove over to Foster's Freeze to get sundaes!!! That's my hubby, while I sit in the truck!!
 Photobucket

2 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Sounds like a wonderful date night! That is so awesome to have your "built-in" baby sitters :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
...just wanted to stop over, say hi and see how you are all doing!

Unknown said...

That looks so yummy! I got to try Pho food, haven't tried it yet and I'm always hearing how good the food is.