Monday, March 18, 2013

Has It Really Been THIS long....

since I've blogged? It seems a little foreign to me even though the home page on my computer is my blog!

It feels like I have so much to update, yet I don't even know where to begin.
It's been so long that I can barely remember how to upload pictures!!!

Well, I guess I can give an update in a nutshell, and then just go from here!

The biggest change so far is that I've been exercising alot, and just feeling so much better!

After I had my fifth child, it seemed like my health was just put on the back burner. Not that I never had an opportunity to change, but I didn't have any real motivation.

Finally, something just "clicked" and I decided to take it seriously!

I started walking in September, and did my first 10k walk for diabetes in October (which I don't have, btw). I just wanted to challenge myself by doing this! My family were my #1 supporters!!

 photo cde390af-3c69-466c-a817-8d41b97c6f53.jpg

After doing this, I knew that I needed something "more." Walking was just not enough.

Finally, I checked out a fitness program called U-Jam!! The first day I tried the class I was hooked!! It's not your typical aerobic class. It's more like a hip hop dance class!! Seriously...so fun, and the cardio kicks your butt. You don't even think of it as exercise!!!

I have to admit that I HATED taking full body pictures of myself in the past. I guess you can call it denial! But, after comparing pictures of me before, and NOW..wow..I really let myself go. I'm eating better (although I don't deprive myself of anything), and I do U-Jam about 4-5 times a week!! It really has changed my life!!!

The before pictures were from about last May-August 2012!!
 photo 7309014f-2312-46df-ba81-015f4d360b1b.jpg

7 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

way to go! you look fabulous, and i
bet you feel so much better! so happy
to see you back here.

Liz Mays said...

I'm sure your health is in a better place because of it and that's what matters. You've always been beautiful though!

Karen Mortensen said...

Good for you. You are looking wonderful. Keep it up.

Cathy said...

Look at you, girl!! You are absolutely gorgeous! Keep up the great work, Alicia. I started a kickboxing program in February and have been so pleased at the results I'm seeing now. It's so good to hear from you again. Take care!

Darcie said...

I saw this on FB, but just had to leave a comment and tell you how awesome you are!!! Way to go, and not only do you look amazing, the best part is you probably feel it too!

You go lady!!

Nicole Marie said...

ALICIA!!!! Girl you look amazing!!!
Keep up the great work my love! I've totally missed you and your fambam!

Stacy said...

I just logged into my blog and it has been since Jan.2012 since I posted! I really want to get back into it because that is they only way I document what is going on in our life.

You look fab!!! Keep up the good work.