Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Honey!

It was my husband's 40th birthday yesterday, and my kids actually suggested that he and I go out to dinner alone! The two older kids even offered to babysit for us! We have never done that before, but I knew that they were capable of doing that for just a couple of hours! We bought them pizza and soda, and they were happy campers!

It was SOOOO nice, and we felt like we had a little bit of freedom to enjoy ourselves!

Since I wasn't making a cake, I wanted pick one up before we went to dinner, so we could enjoy it with the kids when we got home. This particular bakery in a grocery store has the best cakes! It was hard to choose, but I ended up getting a ladyfinger cake!

Photobucket

But, I couldn't stop there, and had to pick up these mini desserts as well!

Delicious Fruit Tart
Photobucket

Chocolate Fudge Pie
Photobucket

Raspberry Mousse! I had to take a picture in different lighting because my flash was totally making this look all white.
Photobucket

I started off backward, but I want to show you our dinner, too! My husband wanted to go to his favorite Vietnamese Restaurant because he was craving for Pho (soup). They have other delicious entrees, so I didn't mind going. 

We started with these fresh spring rolls that come with a peanut dipping sauce. I love these!
Photobucket

This is my husbands soup. Underneath all that broth is rice noodles and crab.
Photobucket

And I had the barbeque pork & shrimp over lettuce. Normally, you have the choice of having it with rice or noodles, but I didn't want to get too full. I wanted to save room for dessert! 


Photobucket

And here is my hubby blowing out his big 40 candles! 
Photobucket

11 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

We went out for our anniversary this weekend and left our kids for the first time too! It was very nice.
Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Jennifer Bowen said...

What an utterly delicious post, Alicia! You have me wanting to eat all the foods in these photos. My eyes are bulging as we speak. LOL

Happy 40th to your beloved husband! Your children are so sweet to let you go out on a celebration date with him. =)

Michelle A'etonu said...

everything looks soooo great! those desserts are amazing, but i was more drawn to the vietnamese food. i miss it!!! glad it was a happy birthday!

The Farmer Files said...

Your kids are so sweet to give you guys a night out and a night off! You are so a woman after my own heart! Bring on the desserts! Happy Birthday to your hubs!

Susie said...

Looks like he had a very sweet birthday:-)

Kelli W said...

That chocolate fudge pie looks amazing....but so does everything else too! I hope your hubby had a great birthday!

Cathy said...

Aww...Happy Birthday to your hubby! Everything looks SO delicious!!!

Anita Johnson said...

Happy Birthday to the mister! My birthday is Saturday...I should send this post to my husband for cake ideas...they look so good!

Serendipityissweet said...

Happy birthday to him! Wow, now I'm so hungry ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like an awesome birthday dinner!!! What store did you get those cakes at? We have a Wegmans here in VA and they have stuff exactly like that in there bakery, I love going there (its a specialty grocery).
This is Kelly BTW (my new blog), lol! :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Stopping back over to say thank you my friend for visiting! And oh!!! Happy bleated birthday! YUMMMM, those desserts and dinner look amazing!!!

Blessings & Aloha!