Saturday, May 8, 2010

SOUVENIRS FROM ABROAD

One of my good friends went back home to the Philippines for a wedding. She was so sweet to bring souvenirs home to my kids. It's so interesting to see what kinds of goodies come from other countries.

My boys love the rain stick, and of course, the girls love the bracelets and the fan. The wooden yo-yo is also a hit, but for the life of me, I'm not sure what they are supposed to do with the two toys on the left (the ones with the white rope wrapped around it). Of course, that won't stop them from using them, and so far, my son Danny has been swinging it around, and tying things up with it. I'm just scared he's going to knock the puppy's teeth out with it!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

I think those two are tops (turumpo's)... See --

http://en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php?title=Turumpo

Happy Mother's Day, Alicia!

Stacy said...

Yeah I can't help you with those..lol. I have no idea! It is neat to see what kids play with in other countries!

McCrakensx4 said...

What nice gifts! I used to have a 'fake' rainstick and my boys LOVED it!

XmasDolly said...

Is that a bracelet? How beautiful. I love souvenirs & I love buying them too. When I go on vacation I try to bring a little something back for all my grandchildren. Yep, all nine of them & they love when I come back because they can't wait to see what they got. ~hehe~ Love their little faces.

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Are those tops?

Denise said...

Awesome gifts.

Kathy C. said...

Sweet gifts...what a thoughful friend. I ACTUALLY know what that toy is! It's a spinning top, kinda like the ones where you just spin them with your fingers. However, there is an art to this that I have NEVER achieved, though I've seen it done. You balance it and pull the string real fast and it spins...something like that,LOL ...maybe you can find a demo on Utube...LOLOL

Lauren said...

so neat! those bracelets are adorable! :)

Muthering Heights said...

Those are nice gifts! It was so nice of her to bring them for the kids! :)

Stephanie said...

I love the bracelets-they are beautiful!!!

As for the other two toys-good luck figuring that out :)

Kepa 4leta said...

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! how cool is that. its funny i never knew where you came from until i read this post, once i saw philippines, i remember my bff over here who lives with our family...we've known each other since middle school...she calls my parents, her mom and dad, my parents let everyone know that they have a filipino daughter, hehehe...we talk of the island and hopefully one day we can all go visit the philippines! =0)