Monday, October 26, 2009

GIRLS TEA PARTY

I've posted on here before how my friend loves to host tea parties for my girls and our other friends daughters. This past Friday, she had another one! It's such a blessing when she does this because she really puts her heart into it. Her table is always beautifully decorated, and the girls feel like little Princesses.

What I love the most about this is that my friend Mariela will give each a girl a verse to read, and then she will share a little bit about what that verse means. Not only are their tummies getting fed, but also their spirits.

After we serve the girls and take 100's of pictures, us ladies will go outside to our table that my friend set up for us. This also gives the girls time to have some privacy. Of course, after a few minutes, they are more interested in what we're doing!

When everyone is done eating, that is when the dancing starts! We have a variety of salsa, Christian Rap, and clean old school music to entertain! It was such a fun night, and a great way to end the week! Can't wait to do it again.

Veronica, Michele, & Miranda. I'm so glad that Veronica was able to wear that dress again. It's too pretty to just hang in the closet. Michele is the girl that also went to the Father Daughter Princess Ball with them.
Photobucket
All the girls! This was the best angle we could get of all of them.
Photobucket
Just beautiful!
Photobucket
I make this every time. Strawberry cake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles!
Photobucket
My friend Christina (Michele's mom) made these! And yes, they were as good as they looked.
Photobucket
Another view of the table decor.
Photobucket
Mariela made the sandwiches, and our other friend Gwen brought those yummy cookies!
Photobucket
This was our table outside. Isn't that wonderful?!
Photobucket
Here's a copy of the verses that each of the girls read.
Photobucket
Michele reading her verse. Do you see how my friend printed it on their own individual cards?
Photobucket
And they even had their own place cards.
Photobucket
Time to get our groove on!
Photobucket
Mariela showing Christina how to SALSA!
Photobucket
Veronica & I lookin' all sweaty from dancing together.
Photobucket

46 comments:

Sara said...

That is the sweetest pic of you two together. That party looks amazing! The girls are adorable!

Denise said...

Now, that is my idea of fun.

nicquee said...

Great food plus great company always end up with fabulous time!

Your girls are pretty and the others' too!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

This is a wonderful idea! I love the photos you all look so gorgeous!
Love Collette xxx

Buckeroomama said...

What a great idea to host a tea party for the girls! These will make for some great memories. :)

Sandra said...

My girls love having tea parties and going to them. That one looks just beautiful.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun time to spend with friends. My girls and I love tea parties too. everyone looks beautiful.

Stacy said...

I just love it!!!!

The girls all look beautiful and the food looks yummy!!!

louann said...

That sounds like tons of fun. The sweets look too tempting.

Chris said...

what a great idea!!! :D i love it

Robyn said...

Wow that looks like a wonderful time. I would love to attend something like that. You all are very lucky and Blessed.

Lauren said...

That is the most precious thing I have ever seen! I wish I could go to a tea party!!!!!

Darcie said...

I have never been to a tea party, but I am telling you what it looks like it would be something right down my alley!

What a beautiful table...food...girls...ladies...everything looked beautiful!

Nina said...

How fun! It looks so elegant and pretty. The girls look like they were having a good time and I love that they got to learn something from all of it also. What a blessing you have in your friend.

Stephanie said...

That looks awesome!!!!! What a great friend that does that for all the girls!!!!

Deborah Ann said...

Wow! I am blown away! What a beautiful idea. These girls are truly princesses and daughters of the King. The cake takes me back to my childhood. I remember reading a book with a picture of pink cake just like that, and I have never forgotten it. The chocolate covered strawberries, and the gorgeous table setting...my my my. Wish I was there!

Helene said...

OMGoodness, this is such a wonderful idea!! I can easily see why the girls look forward to this...good food, good fun and very spiritual!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That looks soo fun! I love all the food that was made!

yonca said...

OMG! Wonderful table! Everythings looks yummy here! You and the girls..you all look awesome!!!

Pilar said...

I saw the photos in facebook, it looked like so muc fun. What a great clean way to make a group of girls feel special and femenine!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing Alicia : ) I just love it! How great that your friend likes to do that! It is a nice ministry : ) Super fun! I want to come to one!

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

what an awesome blessing. so fun! thanks for sharing your night <3

Anonymous said...

Absouletly Beautiful! Everything looked lovely :) and Yummy!

Blessings,
Eevee

Lorrie said...

So here I am posting...I think the strawberries got me all off track! I really love the last photo...and dancing...well you know I LOVE dancing...¡baile! (for my spanish speaking friends...is that right?)

Susie said...

How sweet is that??? That table is awesome:-)

Miti said...

How fun!!! That's what I call a girls night out!

really.truly said...

Wow, that is amazing! What a great tea party.

Pam said...

That looks like so much fun. I would like to attend a tea party like that!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

What a fabulous tradition that I am sure you will all look back fondly on for years to come. I want to tuck that idea away to use later with my girls!

jen@odbt said...

What a great idea for the girls and moms too. Love the dancing shots.

Veronica Lee said...

Such fun!! The food looks yummy and the girls are beautiful!!

Liz Mays said...

What a special and wonderful time! From the dresses to the food to the dancing and spiritual touches, it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a FRIEND!
It all looks so beautiful. And the girls are LOVELY!
Very Impressive!!!

♥Hope

Jane In The Jungle said...

I just love this idea!!!

Muthering Heights said...

What a beautiful event..in so many ways!

Laurencita said...

What a wonderful idea, I am thinking of having a party for my grandchildren with elegance like that. It's so much fun with spiritual on it.

Angela said...

this is so sweet. i should do something like this for my niece. this will make all the little girls feel so grown up. : )
btw, laduree has the prettiest package indeed.

Buckeroomama said...

Do come on over and pick up a couple of awards. :)

Killara girl said...

A real tea party is something special. My girls used to make tea all the time but we never had all the pretty things & treats.

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh...I want to come! That looks like so much fun and so very yummy! Everything and everyone looks so very beautiful! What fun memories!

Kelli W said...

That looks like so much fun...and really makes me want a little girl to take to tea parties! I don't know how much my boys would enjoy a tea party! I love all the decorations...and your cake looks really yummy!

Jennifer Bowen said...

Looks like a fun party for the girls, young and old! LOL I'm sure you all had a blast. I mean, who wouldn't with all the delicious finger foods and awesome friends! =D

Kimberly said...

You all have the best get togethers! Looks magical. :)

Kathy C. said...

Wow, Alicia, that looks like such a wonderful time to spend with friends. How thoughtful of her to do this so often, the tables both look lovely...what a blessing!

Erin said...

I love that you all take the time to teach the girls to be ladies, not just women. Absolutely lovely.

Mamí♥Picture said...

I love all your pictures!
My favorite is the last one, you both are beautiful!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ