Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Me? A Runner?

Never...and I literally mean, NEVER would I think that I'd end up being a runner! I mean, I'm not a marathon runner (yet), but my next goal is to do a 10k which is coming up in a couple of weeks!

I got this great idea back in August to start running with youngest daughter before soccer season so she could get in better shape. Well, that prompted me to google "Couch to 5k" apps that I've seen before. I wanted to follow a plan that I knew we could do together.

When school started again, it was up to me to finish the program on my own, and I did!!! It was so easy to follow, and when I first started it was hard to just run one lap around the track!! By the time I was done with this (and it only took a few weeks), I was able to run 3.1 miles (5K) without stopping!

And it wasn't like I just started to exercise. I have been pretty consistent with my cardio at the gym doing my Group X classes. Running is an entirely a new ball game! I realized quickly that this was a total MENTAL sport, and that I had to motivate myself the entire time! I constantly pray for strength to keep going, and that has been the biggest factor in helping me to reach my goals!!

So, a couple of times a week, I will run my 2 miles, and then on Saturday mornings I will run 4 miles with my friend! She has been awesome in helping me with my runs!!

I can tell there's such a huge difference in my U-Jam classes because of running! The energy I have in class has increased so much!! I'm so glad that I stuck it out and didn't give up in the beginning. If I did, I would never have known my potential!!!

 Just one of the MANY pictures I have of me at the end of my runs!!!
  photo F14474C4-43F2-4102-B73E-78C4A66AB3E2.jpg

And here's a little comparison of me before in 2010 when I was probably at the biggest I have ever been, and then now just a few weeks ago!
 photo 5399A721-7093-420A-ACE9-9039B0535F91.jpg

No comments: