Monday, December 29, 2008

CHRISTMAS IS NOT OVER YET!

My mom was supposed to come to our house on Christmas day, but she ended up getting sick. So, because of that, we planned on getting together at her place on Sunday afternoon to exchange gifts. My mom is so awesome. She became a single mom when my sister and I were 10 & 12 years old. When I think back, I took her for granted so many times. I know she did the best she knew how, and I can only imagine how hard it must have been for her. Now as a mother myself, I am able to totally appreciate the sacrifices she made for us. She is really close to my children! They call her "mama", as do my nephews. She really is a great grandma (mama)!

Here is my mom beginning to open the gift that my son Eli made. He made an art easel at Home Depot, and made an ornament painting at Michael's. He decided he wanted to give this to her.
She realizes it is something he made, and she is so touched by it. She LOVES handmade gifts!
She's getting emotional. And look at my two older kids on the right, whispering to each other because they knew she was going to get teary eyed!! We got a couple of more things for her, but I don't know why I didn't take pictures of her opening them! One of them was the Mama Mia DVD which she totally loved! She was hoping I would get it for her. She's been waiting for it to come out on DVD. Now, if you are paying attention..you'll notice they are now wearing different clothes. My mom got them new outfits & Target gift cards! They loved it all!
They were having fun playing War, and then I think the boys started to cheat! Look at their grins, and look at my daughter's expression! She's so not down with that! Can you see Veronica's frustration as she's "checking" out their cards! LOL
It was a great afternoon/early evening spent with my mom. My hubby ended up working today, so he missed it! But, we still have two more Christmas exchanges coming up! My in-laws will be here tomorrow through Wednesday morning, and my sister and her family will be back her next Friday! Fun times ahead!!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Denise said...

Glad your family enjoyed spending time with your mom.

Amy B said...

Love the pictures...you can see the love your kids have for their Mama..

Susie said...

Wow! You are going to be so Christmased Out by New Years:-)

Lisa said...

what a sweet Grandma, Grandma's and mom's are special. I am glad she is feeling better.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a nice time for your family to spend with your Mom. You captured the very emotion on that day with your pictures. Lots of love!

Kelly said...

Glad mama is feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

So glad your mom is feeling better. Great pictures and I know she will cherish the handmade gifts those are always the best.

Laura said...

I love the pictures of your mom with her grandkids.

I cant believe how many Christmas celebrations you guys are gonna have! Busy, busy, but fun, right?

Everyday Mom Designs said...

I love the pictures. It's great that you caught such good memories on camera.

momstheword said...

My kids would always joke about how this or that gift would make Nana (my mom) cry. Loved the expression on your daughter's face!

McCrakensx4 said...

You go girl with all that family Christmas time! Oh what fun! My kids are very close to my mom & dad too!