Thursday, December 25, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

CHRISTMAS PAST This weeks theme is recalling our favorite Christmas memory.

One of my favorite memories that comes to mind is when I was probably around 7 or 8 years old. My parents were still married at the time and we had ALOT of family friends. We weren't even related to them, but we called them our aunties and uncles. We were always going to "family" parties! I just remember all of us getting together for Christmas and there being TONS of presents for every family, and of course, tons of food. There was never any drama. The adults would have their conversations going on while us kids would just play together. Unfortunately, after my parents divorce when I was ten, it just wasn't the same. There were no more "family" parties to attend. I can imagine that it would just be too awkward/different for everybody. Okay..now this is turning into a downer! Anyway, I just remember that time in my life being one of the happiest of my childhood. And you know I don't even remember a specific gift, I just remember the wonderful times spent as a family. I just pray that my children look back and have fond Christmas memories with our family and friends, too!

To read more TT, or to share your own, click here to go Grace Alone.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a wonderful memory and I can relate to all the auntie's and uncle's who are close friends, we have that too on my husband's side. Just in the short time I have known you, I see your kids changing and maturing and growing more beautiful everyday.
I look back at Christmas's and they have changed along the years. This year is different for me because my dad won't be here, he is in the hospital and as my parents age it is only getting more difficult. I am in memory mode this morning, but the kids are all happy and excited so I am happy. Have an awesome Christmas.

Denise said...

Such a sweet memory, thanks for sharing.

Grammy said...

What a wonderful memory.
Big hug.
Merry Christmas.

McCrakensx4 said...

I too, have aunts and uncles that are just close family friends, as do my boys! I have some fond memories like those parties as well! Thanks for sharing and wishing you and your fam a blessed Christmas Alicia!
Love, Stacey

Susie said...

That's a nice memory. From what you have written about, your children will definitely look back and smile about this time in their lives.

Merry, Merry Christmas:-)

Angela said...

We have an 'adopted' family, for the last 12 years where we have spent all holidays together. My girlfriend is always called my 'sister', her daugthers are my neices and now the grandchild that one has, has begun to call me Auntie Angie. I thank GOD for this precious family that is with us. I don't do well with just my parents at get togethers, so having this family with us, has become a 'firm foundation' of love, joy and fellowship. As my parents left yesterday from our celebration 8 pm., this family stayed till 11 pm. We had a LOVELY time, and God KNEW I needed it!!! Thanks for sharing Alicia!! Merry Christmas sweetie

Saleslady371 said...

I enjoyed your post and emphasis on relationships, not gifts. You have a beautiful family.
Merry Christmas!

Bonnie said...

That's what Christmas is about - people, not things!! What a joy to remember the fun you had with all of your friends and family. Have a blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

He & Me + 3 said...

Your children will have the fondest of memories for sure. Surrounded by friends and family through the Christmas season. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas my friend.

Rita T. said...

Thank you for sharing the memories. Merry Christmas!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh what great memories! I hope you made more great memories today with your family. Merry Christmas my friend! {{{Hugs}}}

Daphine said...

Sweet memories! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Momisodes said...

What a sweet memory to reflect upon. It is amazing how festive, happy times like those can stay with you and bring you peace. Hope you and yours all had a wonderful Christmas holiday.