Thursday, December 4, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I love Thankful Thursdays! There are so many times when I forget to give thanks for even the small things!! This is a great way to put everything into perspective on how the Lord blesses me even when I don't deserve it. To read more Thankful Thursday's, click here.

Iris's theme this week is "Thanksgiving", but I did mine last week on that same subject. So, this week, I will give thanks to random things!
  • I'm thankful that my sister and her family are able to visit California at least once a year.
  • I'm thankful that my kids and their cousins just start out where they left off. It's like one day has not passed since they've seen each other last.
  • I'm thankful for our friends in the Lord. They have prayed diligently for my husband's health, and continue to do so. He had an allergic reaction to something he ate, and caused him to feel like he was suffocating.
  • I'm thankful that even though money is tight, God still provides!
  • I'm thankful that my mother-in-law was able to hear a solid message at our church on Sunday, and also be greeted in love by our friends.
  • I'm thankful for all my bloggy friends! I told my husband it is like an "outlet" during the day since I'm at home all day with the kids.
  • I'm thankful to hear my kids playing and laughing. There are so many children who are sick right now.
  • I'm thankful for DETERGENT! There's nothing like having a mountain of laundry to do with only one cup of detergent left!
  • I'm thankful that I have my favorite creamer for my coffee that I'm going to brew in the morning! Nothing like a hot cup of joe!!
  • I'm thankful for all the goodies that my sister brought us from Hawaii!! Yum, yum!

Photobucket

21 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Alicia,

I love your thankful list. I am Thankful for many of those same things. Big and small. I am thankful too for my yummy creamer for my coffee. Love cinnamon vanilla:)
XO,
Mimi

Stephanie said...

Yummy...coffee!!! Seriously I don't know if I could do without that in the mornings!

Great list!

Lisa said...

Alicia, I was looking closely at your kids photos yesterday and realized that myself....DAH 6 months later I am so slow sometimes...lol

Lisa said...

I TOTALLY share in all your thanks, I can relate to all of them. I can wait to have a cup of Joe with you when we feast at Jesus table.....gosh I have goosebumps!

Lisa said...

correction I CAN'T wait.... I got so excited I left out the ('t)....rotfl

Susie said...

That's a great thankful list. I am thankful for creamer in my coffee too. My butt is still dragging from my cold:-(

Susan said...

Hey Alicia,

What a great list. Yes, there are just sooooooooooo many things to give thanks for.

Hop on by, I'm hosting a give a way!

Lisa said...

I'll be the one saying, "Mabuti"......lol

Debra Kaye said...

Alicia,

I love your thankful heart! Any gal who can be thankful for detergent is a thankful gal indeed!

I hope you have a great visit with your family and I hope your husband begins to feel better soon!

Enjoy your cup of coffee sweet friend and know your bloggy friends love ya bunches! Hugs to you!

Muthering Heights said...

That's a great list...it's so important to be thankful for the big and small things alike!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great list! We do have so much to be thankful for, don't we? Gotta love those cousins. I'm glad your hubby is ok. I hope he feels better soon. Take care my friend!

JMBMOMMY said...

We do have So much to be thankful for...I always say that my life is simply sweetness. But seriously, detergent...okay, I guess--LOL! I am still working on being thankful for the laundry monster that seems to hang out in my home all the time!!!!!

Unknown said...

Loved your thankful Thursday list. I had never heard of the meme going around. I too am thankful for laundry detergent since that is what my morning has consisted of. Thank you for stopping by today and leaving me your advice.

Unknown said...

Alicia,

I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER and blog look! I really do!

I love your list and feel so blessed to have met you through our blogs!

Thankging God for you today!

Hugs from one who likes to have to detergent too!!!!

Jill

Melissa said...

I hear you on the "outlet" that blogging brings and meeting wonderful friends here! I'm thankful for you and all my other bloggy friends as well!

Great list!

Cammie said...

linking over from SITS. Nice to read a reminder of things to be thankful for.

Daphine said...

Hey lady! Happy Thursday to you!

Great list of thankfulness! I loved reading it. I am glad that you joined in on this each week. I look forward reading it.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Anonymous said...

:) I'm thankful for my kids to be healthy and happy too!

:) You already found my new blog and are following my nothing, lol!

Love you!

McCrakensx4 said...

Great list sister! Thanks for sharing:) Happy TT.

The Farmer Files said...

So great about your kids and their cousins! It is so great that there isn't competition btw the kids. Sigh...we need to work on that in our extended families..both sides!!!

Laura said...

Hi, Alicia!

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog. It is very uplifting!! What a great list! Whats your favorite flavor of creamer? Mine is Hazelnut!! MmmMmm!