Saturday, January 2, 2010

BOYS NIGHT OUT

That's right, boys...not men.

If you've been following my blog for awhile, you may recall my good friend who has the girls tea parties at her house. She goes all out for them. Her tables are decorated the same way as if we were going to a Womens Tea. Here's a link to a post I did in October, just so you can get an idea of how much she gets into it.
And she doesn't even have daughters. She has two boys, but just loves to do the girly thing once in awhile!!

She shared with me before how she will have "candle night" with her boys and her neighbors sons. They'll all eat by candlelight, and she'll make fake ticket stubs that they have to give her before they watch a movie.

Isn't that so creative???? And so simple. Why didn't I ever think of that?

Well, last week, she invited my boys to come over for a candlelight dinner/movie night. I was so excited for them, because this is the equivalent to a girls tea party, minus the tea! They couldn't wait to go to and see some of their friends, and just have fun! I wish I could have stayed and taken pictures, but I'm sure they wouldn't want my flash going off all night.

So, I just stole her pictures that she put on her Facebook!

When I walked in, she was getting all their individual tubs of popcorn ready. Every time I see those at Target, I tell myself that I'm going to buy them, but I never do! They are soooo cute! And as much as my family eats popcorn, this would be perfect! Oh, and I laughed when I saw the sign "Boys Only" because she had one on the door too. She's so cute like that!
Photobucket

Here is their "man" table..LOL. Where are the scones and cucumber sandwiches? Oh yah..not for them! It's pizza, breadsticks, and cupcakes!
Photobucket

Another great gesture she did, just like she does for the girls, is have their own place card, and scripture for them to read. If you look closely, you can see the word "Obedience" at the top, and it's followed by scriptures on obedience. She prints these out herself!
Photobucket

Here they are! They are all good friends, too! My sons are the ones in the green & blue striped shirt, and the one to his left with the gray t-shirt.
Photobucket

Well, I think I will head over to Target and get those plastic popcorn tubs before they run out! And for $1 each, that is a steal!

25 comments:

Killara girl said...

I bet they felt like kings for a night! What a sweet idea. Hope you've had a wonderful holiday season...and wishing you a better yet new year!!!

mama's smitten said...

So Funny I have those popcorn holders too! What a cool Boy Party!

Helene said...

Wow, she really goes all out, doesn't she?? What fun!!

I've seen those popcorn "bags" too and I keep wanting to buy them!

Buckeroomama said...

That is such a neat thing to be doing for the kids --both the tea parties and the candle-lit movie nights!

really.truly said...

I always think about buying those popcorn holders!

What a great boy time party!

Kelli W said...

That looks like an awesome time for the boys! I see many nights like that in my future:)

Susie said...

What a GREAT idea!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How creative!!!!

Jag said...

That was fun! She's such a sweet fellow...

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun fun mom. How neat of her to do that. Her time invested will be so worth it.

God, My Savior Forever! said...

I love, love, love this idea! I'm always on the lookout for creative idea and this one is one of my fav both for the boys and the girls. I will make note of it! Thanx so much for sharing:D I want my kids to be able to bring their friends over so I can get to know and they can have a place to hang out and feel God's presence! This is a great way to do it! I should get those tubs too..they are cute:D


Hugs, Susan

Kathy C. said...

Alicia, what an awesome woman your friend is!!! I wish I had done things like that when my son was growing up. I love the scripture cards...she really pays attention to every little detail, doesn't she. Fun! :)

Michelle said...

That is such a good idea. It looks like they had a fun time.

Veronica Lee said...

What a fabulous idea!! I'm sure they had a great time.

Mommy, I'm Home said...

How fun!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Love that she does that for them!!!
And I'm haven't gottne them from Target either...what'sup with us, LOL!!

Muthering Heights said...

What a cute idea!! I like the popcorn holders - nice touch on her part! :)

danette said...

How fun! Looks like they had a great time :)

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Charming pictures!

Wishing you a happy 2010!

Beth in NC said...

What a super cool idea Alicia!!! I would have never thought of that either. Wow. Why aren't I a fun Mommy like that? :o)

Mamí♥Picture said...

How FUN!!!!
I totally love all the decorations!
Ü r an AWESOME M☺M!!!!
{{{HUGS}}}

Kimberly said...

Some people just have something special about them, and your friend is definitely one of those people. What a special and thoughtful thing to do.

You know, that's one of the reasons why I like your blog so much. It's chock full of positive familiness. (Is that a word?) :)

Robyn said...

Wow what a wonderful idea, good friends are Blessings! Looks like they had a great time!

Mocha Momma said...

Hi Alicia. Our prime rib was perfect and it was big enough for us to have sandwiches and soup (very good) for a couple days after.

I love the boys night out your friend hostessed at her house. What a great idea.

The scripture from Isaiah above is such a great reminder of what Christ has done for us and what He continues to do for us daily.
Thanks,
Nannette

Ms. Latina said...

What a beautiful idea! I think its wonderful that she found such a great way to entertain and make the boys feel special while also providing them with a scripture. Its at that age when they feel the most pulled by the world, but having friends and family setting such a great example truly sets them on course. Thank you for posting this wonderful idea. I love it and may do it myself... sighhhh I NEED to find the time before they are too old!