Monday, February 15, 2010

DINNER IN THE CITY

On Saturday, we we went to dinner with some of our good friends. It is our FAVORITE place to go when we want an AWESOME prime rib dinner! It's in San Francisco, so we don't go there too often, but it's definitely a place you want to go to for a special occasion. We're probably better off with it not being too close to home or else we'd probably eat there more often! My pictures really don't do it any justice, but the ambiance, food, and the service always exceeds our expectations. I love it because it's so laid back and you have people wearing jeans and t-shirts, to suits and ties. If you are ever in the city, you definitely need to try The House Of Prime Rib. If you check out their website, they were also featured on The Food Network, and the PBS Channel.

We had early reservations, so after dinner we drove over to Fisherman's Wharf so we could get dessert at Ghiradelli Square. We also walked around a little bit, and the weather was surprisingly cool. Typically, it's freezing in the evening, but on this night, you could walk around without a jacket.

Here is the room that we ate in. I believe there are four rooms total, and they are all decorated differently.
Photobucket

The awesome San Francisco sourdough bread.
Photobucket

This salad is delicious! They bring it out to your table just like this. One server holds the dressing about a foot above the salad, and while he pours the dressing over it, another server spins the bowl. It's pretty cool to watch!
Photobucket

Tossing it up!
Photobucket

Now, I wish I was able to take a better picture of the prime rib cart. They literally bring it over to your table and serve you right there. The prime rib server already has your order, and knows what cut you requested. Next to the prime rib are the creamed spinach, mashed potatoes.
Photobucket

Oh yah, baby! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!
Photobucket

You have a choice of what kind of cut you want. The guys usually order the King Henry Cut which is HUGE! This was my plate, and I always ask for The House Of Prime Rib cut.
Photobucket

This is my husband's plate.
Photobucket

And his baked potato, which they prepare at your table, too.
Photobucket

Now, we're all done with dinner, and ready to get our dessert on! We're waiting for the valet.
Photobucket

Oh yah! Check out our sundaes at Ghiradelli!! It's hard to see, but behind the banana split is a waffle cone sundae.
Photobucket

This was mine! Brownie sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Photobucket

Afterward, we walked down to Fisherman's Wharf, and I'm pretty sure we burned tons of calories. It was such a beautiful night!
Photobucket


Photobucket

As were walking, there was this guy who was doing this air brush painting. I have to admit that it was pretty awesome. You can request a picture you want, and he'll make it right there. You will find many interesting people as you keep walking! There's the guy who is painted in all silver, a band playing on the corner, and just tons of people everywhere!
Photobucket

We didn't get home too late, and it really was a perfect evening! Well, except for the steep hill we had to climb to get back to our cars! Actually, I think I was the only one complaining. :)

36 comments:

Denise said...

What an awesome night sweet friend.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Oh my those desserts looked amazing!!!! What a wonderful evening out and great company by the looks of it!
Love Collette xxxx

Anonymous said...

Now that's some meat! LOL Great pics but now I'm starving!

He & Me + 3 said...

wow girl what a night and a great restaurant. YUM
Your dessert looked awesome. I love mint chocolate chip ice cream. heavenly:)

Darcie said...

Oh my word...I don't know what looked better...the sald, the prime rib, or the dessert! I just can't make up my mind it all looks WAY too good!

jen@odbt said...

Yum - dessert looks like it would be my favorite part. You're so good about taking pics of your food...we went out last night but I forgot to take pics. I'm glad you had fun in the city.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Girl you should get pay for does delicious pictures!! You are one awesome food photographer!
What a FUN night!

Beth in NC said...

Yum! Is your secret desire to be a chef? hee hee

Kathy C. said...

Oh that looks like a LOVELY night! What a fun place to eat...I did look at your photos of the meal, but I was SO ready to scroll down and see dessert!!!! YUM!!! I wish we had a Ghiradelli place around here...well, maybe I don't, LOL. I'm glad you had a nice fun night out on the town! :)

Susie said...

It sounds like a great time!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Yummy! Might have to go there when I visit next month.

Liz Mays said...

You'd have to roll me home after that!!! Delicious!

Brenda said...

I've never been to the House of Prime Rib but I am glad to know about it, I'll have my husband take me there for some special occasion. I love prime rib and its something special to go out for.

I always get the brownie sundae at Ghiradelli Square, usually to share with someone else. So yummy.

Sounds like a wonderful evening.

Lauren said...

okay I am seriously drooling here ... like BIG TIME!! WOW that dinner looks absolutely delicious!! And the sundaes??? YUMMMM!!!!

oh why oh why do you torture me????

Unknown said...

MY word, look at all that food! I love prim rib! my whole family does! We don´t have it here so my mouth is so watering now. jeje

But now I know why I always gain weight in the USA. Good thing you don´t live any closer is right.LOL

Have to make that a free day for sure.

I loved San Fran when I got to visit. Pier 39 is my fav.

Dani Joy

Tara said...

oh.my.goodness, alicia!! when i saw the sourdough bread with the butter, my mouth started watering. then, the prime rib (which I could pass on), salad, mashed potatoes!!!, baked potato and then the sundaes! i'm staving now. guess i'll go downstairs and snack on a girl scout thin mint before dinner.

Asia said...

Nice pictures.....Glad you had fun on Valentines Day

Pam said...

I am jealous of the desserts. Yum! Looks like a wonderful night.

Cathy said...

Oh wow! My mouth is watering just looking at your pics! What an awesome night you guys had. =)

Kimberly said...

You need to change the name of your blog to "More Than Words - Awesome food pics too!" :-D

momstheword said...

Wow, what a fun night you had! On our way home from a trip we stopped off in SF for a few hours. It was fun and we all enjoyed Fishermen's Wharf!

Melanie said...

Oh, WOW.. that looks great! What a fun evening!

Thanks for visiting with me at my blog last week, Alicia!

tiki_lady said...

i love thatyou always take pictures of your meals! I always forget!! I need to, sounds like you had so much fun!

Muthering Heights said...

Another amazing sounding restaurant!!

You could seriously start a review blog and focus on local restaurants!

Kim said...

Looks like my kids of place! It is makign my mouth water just looking at the pictures. I am glad you had a great Valentine's dinner with your hubby and friends.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Looks delicious! Good food & good company...I can't think of a better way to spend an evening!

Helene said...

Wow!!!! That prime rib looks amazing...I can't even remember the last time I had a good piece of prime rib like that!!

It sounds like you had such a fun night! We don't go to SF often but next time we do, I'm gonna see if Tim wants to go here!!!

Anonymous said...

The last time I was in SF I was in 8th grade...and that silver guy was there then, too! ;0)

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness Alicia!! That food looks amazing!I am gonna have to come visit so you can take me to all these wonderful places!!!

I love date nights with friends:)

Alicia said...

I love Fishermans Wharf and all the cool artists and preformers, but I'm dying for one of those banana splits. Oh My!

Looks like a lot of fun, you guys are a beautiful group!

Michelle said...

How nice that you live close enough to SF to visit. I love SF.

Your dinner looked good. I can't even begin to imagine eating all that meat. LOL!

Honey Mommy said...

Holy WOW! Look at all that food... I think I would have popped, and died happy no doubt!

Natalie A. said...

Oh my, your pictures just made me VERY hungry! The food looks delicious! I'm glad you got out this last weekend and had fun! Have a great week!

Serendipityissweet said...

Wow, looks like an awesome night out. I love mint chocolate chip...mmm ;)

Nina said...

What a great evening out. I just love seeing all that food. We dont get out much but our kids are still little and I don't enjoy an evening out with them.
I do envy the weather because it is so cold here and the ground is covered in this white stuff that I am so sick of.

Jen said...

My mouth is watering now! Those pictures are enough to make me drive from Dallas just to get a taste!