Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PRE-VALENTINES DINNER

Do you recall my good friend who has the tea parties for the girls?

Well, she decided to do a pre-Valentines couples dinner at her house this past Saturday. There were a total of twelve of us, and we had so much fun!

My friend goes all out when it comes to the table decor, and the atmosphere was perfect with the dimmed lights, and tea candles. We all felt like we were at a restaurant! She had an extra table set up in her living room, so we had to sit 6 per table.

The food theme was was Italian, so everyone made an Italian themed dish. Well, except me! We brought the desserts. And it was not Tiramisu or Cannoli's. But, who is picky about dessert, right?

Anyway, I wish I took better pictures of the table settings, but I think you can get an idea from these. On the table, we had our place cards, and she also printed out a poem from the internet, cut it into a heart, and pasted it on pink & white paper. Isn't that sweet???

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a close up if you want to read it.
Photobucket

Our friend, Erica made this organic wheat pasta, shrimp alfredo dish. It was delicious!
Photobucket

Here's another shrimp fettucini alfredo dish from our other friends. So tasty!
Photobucket

And you have to have chicken parmesan. Our friend who made this is Italian, and she is one of the best cooks, ever!
Photobucket

After we ate and had dessert, we played this fun game that was kind of like the Newlywed game. We had to answer questions what we think our spouses would say, and we also wrote down what our answers would be for ourselves. Whichever couple had the most matching answers won a prize. Some of the questions were too funny!! For example, "What is the most sensitive part of your spouses body." Mmmm..okay! And no, we didn't all share our answers, but we were all cracking up!!
Photobucket

Lorena & Ignacio. They kept laughing at one of the questions, but they wouldn't share!
Photobucket

After the game, we put the music on, and we all did a little bit of dancing! Okay, yes, that is my back, but you get the idea.
Photobucket

This is our hostess, Mariela! I love this picture because her husband does not like to dance. He is so shy when it comes to that! But, he gave in to the peer pressure, and did anyway! They are too cute!
Photobucket

I can't wait for this Saturday, too! We have plans to go to the city with our friends to our favorite Prime Rib steakhouse! YUMMY!!!

33 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, that looked like so much fun!!

Alfredo + shrimp ? Oh my gosh, my absolute favorite pasta!

Kelli W said...

That looks like an awesome night! You are one lucky girl to have such great friends:)

jen@odbt said...

What fun! My husband's fave is chicken parmesan.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, looks like fun.

Darcie said...

awww....how sweet it that!?! Special that you could celebrate Valentines twice...truly special.

Sawatzky family said...

Oh my goodness! :)
That looks like a wonderful evening!
Makes it so easy to be grateful to be bleesed with such wonderful friends!
Thanks for sharing.

Mostlygrocery said...

I had Tiramisu last night for the first time and it was yummy! The chicken looks sooo good.

-Paul

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Oh how fun! What a great friend she is to do that for all of you...

Helene said...

I love your life, Alicia! You have such wonderful friends, a lovely church family and the sweetest husband and kids!!!

I love the idea of a V-day party for the adults!!! Looks like you all had a blast!

Deborah Ann said...

Alicia, you look so beautiful in those pictures! What a fun night that must have been. I hope someday I can attend a party like that, or even host one. The food looks delish, and the games sound awesome!

Kimberly said...

I think I need to borrow your friend. What amazing fun she comes up with! And for adults - love that!

Kathy C. said...

Alicia what fun!!! It looks like you all had a wonderful time, I just love that you guys dance when you have get-togethers! :)
I host a Valentines dinner each year, but it's only us and one other couple...that's quite a awesome friend you have there...12 couples! :)

Asia said...

Wow that is amazing and a hreat idea. It looks like you all had fun.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

You have such awesome friends and always seem to do the neatest things! Maybe I'll try that sometime... looks like a blast!!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun night. That food looks so good. You all are always having a fun time.

Debbie said...

That looks like such a great time! And that pasta dish looks heavenly.

Honey Mommy said...

That looks like so much fun! I need friends who invite me to fun dinners like this one!

Cathy said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! The food looks so delicious, especially that chicken parmesan.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Good times and good food. It doesn't get much better than that!

Unknown said...

I love it:) The food looks great and you guys are having tons of fun:):) You just got an award! come and get it at http://lusciousdeals.blogspot.com!!

Annie said...

It looks like a fun time and the dinner looks delicious.

Muthering Heights said...

What a sweet friend! It looks like a lovely dinner!

Michelle said...

What a great friend you have. Your evening looked like a lot of fun.

Veronica Lee said...

This looks like so much fun! You have such terrific friends!

Kim said...

Sooo fun! You packed a lot into just one night and you still have a celebration ahead, yeah!

Unknown said...

You have the best friends! So much fun! I just love it. The food looks SO delish. In fact, now I am hungry. Thanks a lot Alicia!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Aw! How fun! You always share the most amazing food! And your photos show lots of laughter going on! Love it!

Blessings & Aloha!

Marice said...

wow! surely a fun day! sweet!

Colette S said...

Gosh waht a wonderful time spent together! Now there's a woman who know how to throw a party!

Ooh the food! yum!

Casey's trio said...

Looks like such a fun night!! Glad you got a little pre-valentine's date in :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party! I love those kinds of games!

Stacy said...

I bet that was so nice just having an adult dinner!!

Looks like it was fabulous!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Fun shots! I love how you include food pictures...yep I luv it!!!