Saturday, February 13, 2010

FIELD TRIP FUN!

It probably seems like all we do is go out to eat.

Honestly, we probably eat out more than we should!

But, we had a legitimate reason this time!

The homeschooling group we are affiliated with had a field trip planned to Mountain Mikes Pizza. They had a room reserved in the back, plus arts & crafts, and all we had to do was pay for our own buffet lunch. Not too bad since our lunch totaled $35 (and that's including drinks and salad for seven of us).

My friends daughter came with us (who is one of Miranda's best friends), so that totally made a difference for her. Normally it's a lot of younger kids that go on these field trips, and my two older ones get super bored! Well, my oldest son was bored, but oh well, he was there for the pizza anyway.

But, it was a nice break, and everyone stuffed their faces with pizza, garlic bread, salad, and soda!

We were the first ones there, and we were all ready to eat!
Photobucket

Miranda (with her poses), and her friend Phylicia.
Photobucket

Awesome pizza!
Photobucket

More awesome pizza!
Photobucket

See, we eat healthy too!
Photobucket
They made cards for the soldiers in the armed forces!
Photobucket

The girls on the left are friends of theirs too.
Photobucket

Their brother, and my two boys.
Photobucket

Of course, I had to take a "group shot" before we left.
Photobucket

27 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks so fun! the pizza looks great and tasty..

Denise said...

Fun pictures.

Beth in NC said...

I should always eat BEFORE I come visit you. Now I'm hungry. Ha.

Looks like everyone had fun!

He & Me + 3 said...

Now that is the kind of field trip I am talking about. LOL
Fun

annies home said...

looks like great fun and the price sounds great looks like all had fun and I know how it is when you have all little ones mixed in with a few big ones we face that problem often since my kids are so much older than thier nephews

Marja said...

My little guy just said "who are those poeples?" I answered Alicia's kids he said "I don't know Alicia" I told him that he didn't know them IRL he replied "they aren't really alive?"

Ok, sorry! Great pics. Miranda is looking so much more grown up in pics recently.

I totally understand the whole eating out. I don't hardly work and yet I find a way to go out to eat. LOL!

McCrakensx4 said...

So much fun! I love pizza buffets...YUM! ANd what a fun craft project...during November & December the school where I teaches makes cards for Air Froce Men & Women...we service Luke Air Force Base...it is so great!

jen@odbt said...

Love that this place also has a crafting area...so smart of them. We finally made it out of the house for dinner - it was so delicious and fun!

Sara said...

HA HA HA! Miranda...

What a sweet idea to make cards for them! That's so cool!

That pizza looks really good too!

Kimberly Rae said...

man I'd love to chaperone a pizza trip :o) love me some pizza!!!!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Oh how fun! (And now I'm craving pizza...)

God, My Savior Forever! said...

How fun! When I homeschool I would love for us to belong to a group like that! The pizza looks delish and the idea of sending handmade cards to soldiers makes me smile since I am a an army wife at heart and know how much these soldiers appreciate these cards!

Hugs, Susan

Mrs. Davison said...

What a great field trip! That pizza looks really good! And, I love to make cards. I wish we could have gone too :)

Natalie A. said...

Awesome pictures! Food!!!! Yum!

Sawatzky family said...

Now that looks like a great time!
Now I am off to order some pizza! ;b

Susie said...

Looks like a fun group:-)

Lyryn said...

What a great time with the fam! Hope you guys have a great rest of the weekend!

Lana said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

Muthering Heights said...

If I had such amazing restaurants in my town, I'd go out to eat a lot too! ;)

It sounds like a great field trip...what a fun and meaningful craft activity!!!

Mamí♥Picture said...

FUN FUN FUN iLuv it!!!
and that pizza looked so yummy'!

Cathy said...

Looks like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful! Your daughter and her friend look alike...I couldn't even tell who was who. And how awesome that everyone made cards for the armed forces. That's great!!! What organization are you sending them to?

Erin said...

One of the best parts of homeschooling is opportunities for activities like this one.

dtbrents said...

Great picture. You made me hungry. Looks like you all had fun. Doylene

Unknown said...

I wish you could homeschool me! Seriously. You are such a great mother and teacher. I am so glad your family has you!

Kimberly said...

I agree with Beth. I'm definitely eating before checking out your blog next time. :) Such fun you guys are always having!

Stacy said...

Looks like a fun field trip!!!