Friday, December 19, 2008

GRILLING GOODNESS #11

Here is another week of Tina's Friday meme! I enjoy doing this because I love answering questions! If you want to join in, just click here.

1. What pain reliever do you swear by? Well, I'm not much a "pill" person, but if I had to choose, it would be Advil. That always seemed to work really fast!

2. Have you gotten up-to-date with a flat screen HDTV? We're probably one of the few who don't even have cable, much less a HDTV. We were going to switch to cable not too long ago, but when the cable guy got here he didn't have the wireless router. Anyway, I took that as a sign that we didn't need it, regardless of the great package deal. So, we still have the bunny ears, and I don't even think we're going to get the digital converter box when the bunny ears stop working in February. The only shows that are watched are some cartoons on PBS in the morning.

3. Have you honked at anyone lately? No, I haven't. I would only honk if I was close to hitting something/someone or vice versa.

4. What is your favorite household product? Clorox wipes!!

5. What is the earliest you've gotten up this week and why? The earliest was about 6AM'ish, and that's because I slept early the night before.

6. Do you travel out of town for Christmas? No, we don't. We stay right where we are!

7. Have you been listening to Christmas music? (Favorite?) Yes, we have. In fact, my hubby was playing some Christmas music last night from our computer. We have a variety of Christmas music on our ITunes playlist. I love them all!!

8. When do you exchange gifts with family? It varies every year. I know we will be seeing my mom on Christmas Eve, and more than likely my sister in law on Christmas Day!

Photobucket

14 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I am not big on pills either...never even tried advil, but the past two days I have taken tylenol for a headache and it didn't even help. Yikes.

Denise said...

I love learning about you.

Debra Kaye said...

Alicia,

You are such a sweetheart! I love that you took the cable guy not having the right equipment as a sign and didn't hook up! That's precious!


Happy Friday, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia! We just bought a tv like a month ago - flat screen and everything. I know this sounds totally nuts, esp. after going over a year without even owning a tv...but we seriously felt like our season of that was up. We still aren't getting cable or satellite, we don't even own bunny ears or an antenna! It's dvd's or nothing! Well, anyways, one of the reasons we got it is to force ourselves to relax and stop at the end of the day (some nights, not all). We found ourselves going and going until bed time. Being on Christmas break, the kids have watched it more, but during school, it stays off til the weekend.
Hope you have a great weekend! We're in the middle of a snow storm. We have another coming Sunday and yet another coming Tuesday!

Daphine said...

I'm not a pill person either! I loved reading your answers...very interesting stuff!

Have a great weekend friend!

Anonymous said...

I don't really like taking pills either but when I do it's usually advil. this fun, I like reading all of these because it's fun to find out more about you!!!!

Sara said...

Clorox wipes are my favorite too... I get them at Costco cause I go through them so fast!

Laura said...

I enjoyed reading yours so much, I had to go do my own! LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Grace said...

Hi Alicia, I enjoyed reading your post. I would like to say that the pain reliever pills always available here in our house is Tylenol.
Have a nice weekend. :)

Tina said...

2. How funny! I admire you for your minimal-tv attitude...you have less garbage thrown at you that way!

3. I agree...I only wish for my horn when someone is about to clobber me!

4. Oh, I do love the Clorox wipes!

Merry Christmas to you, sweet friend!

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for playing,
Tina

Amy said...

I love Clorox wipes too. They are SO easy to use...even my boys can use them.;)

These Grilling posts are so much fun!

Merry Christmas!
Amy:)

momstheword said...

I never liked taking pills but I have to now for my asthma and allergies. We don't have a flat screen either. We do have cable now because my mom wanted it and she lives with us so she pays for it.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Hey girl! We don't have one of those new HD Tvs either. But we do have satellite. We live too far out in the boonies for cable ;o) Thank goodness we can get DSL, though. I would be lost without it!

Momisodes said...

You and I are the same on so many of these. I hate taking pills and traveling around the holidays as well. Hope you have a great weekend!