Monday, December 1, 2008

"Not Me! Monday"

I did not obsess over my blog makeover last week. I didn't get excited everytime I got an email thinking it was Tina (the blog designer) telling me she was done. Pfff..I have way more things to do that take priority over that!

I did not buy fresh basil on accident even though I specifically wrote bay leaves on my list! Of course I know the difference!

I absolutely did not forget which "side" of the turkey the stuffing goes in! Hello! I've been cooking turkeys for years now!

I did not think that Friday was Saturday because of Thanksgiving on Thursday!

I did not bring a DVD for the kids to watch Sunday night (in clss) at church because I didn't want to pick up any toys or mess after the bible lesson. I did not say it was a "special treat." Come on...5 year olds love cartoons!

We did not eat the last of the leftover turkey today even though we've been eating it for the last three days!

To view more Not Me Monday participants, click here!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Love it....Alicia I have had turkey dinner all week before....lol it is so darn good with all the stuffing and gravey and cranberry sauce mmmmmm...... I wish there was some left.
I have never made a turkey so if you forgot what side the stuffing goes in you are a better gal than I am.... hee hee

He & Me + 3 said...

I couldn't even tell you which side the stuffing goes in because this chica has never made one turkey. Not sure I ever will. Too afraid. Great list!

Stephanie said...

Gotta love that turkey!!! We ate it for two days and now it's turkey sandwiches...until Christmas and we have another :) Love your stuffing incident!!! That's hilarious :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I think we will be eating turkey all week! I am going to have to go look up some recipes to use up all of that turkey;) And I'm with the others...I have never cooked a turkey. So you are doing way better than me!

Mrs. Chief said...

Funny needed laughter this morning!

Kelly said...

I completely lost track of my week too! I kept thinking Friday was Sat. Poor kids thought I was nuts!

momstheword said...

Hey, I just stuff both ends and dear hubby "sews" it up....no problem with forgetting.

I thought Friday was Saturday too!

Susie said...

Great meme! Of course, my favorite is the basil/bay leaf thing:-)

Erica said...

Yep we finished our turkey last night! On a grilled cheese and turkey sandwich! Yummy! And my days have been all off too! Have a great week!

Angela said...

I laughed over your first entry,,LOL. I'm FIGHTING obsessing that I will not obsess about my make over and not drive the poor woman insane..I've been praying to the Lord..'Jesus, please don't let me act all obsessive and weird with Tina where she thinks I'm a totally nut case'..

((hugs))

Melissa said...

left-over turkey is the BEST! That's one reason I INSISTED on hosting my side of the family Christmas dinner this year! I WANT LEFT OVER TURKEY!!! :)

McCrakensx4 said...

HeHeHe! We finished our left overs yeaterday even though we had been eating them for 3 days as well! And the video at church, UUMM yea! Just ask MiMi!! :) Happy Monday

Alicia W. said...

Those were great!! :o)

Debra Kaye said...

Alicia,

This is the cutest meme! So funny!

Hugs to you, sweet friend!

JMBMOMMY said...

Cute design!

Melissa said...

hey girl! Just wanted to let you know that I left you a little something on my blog!!! I think you'll be really happy with it! :o)

Daphine said...

Sorry! This was HILARIOUS!!!! I am still laughing! You're crazy girl!