Tuesday, December 28, 2010

TUESDAY'S TIDBITS

Only one week left of our Christmas break. We haven't really done anything but veg out at home. But, the kids haven't complained once. I think they have enjoyed not being on a schedule, and honestly, so have I! It will definitely be an adjustment getting back into the swing of things!

I tried to watch my carb intake today, but that totally went out the window when my sister in-law brought over cookies and stuff to make clam dip! Who can resist these homemade goodies?
Photobucket

I was so behind this year that I didn't send Christmas cards out. In fact, I don't even take a picture of all the kids like I normally do.

Did I mention my dog is pregnant? Her puppies will be so cute! They will be half Chihuahua and half Bichon. I know it's going to be hard not to get attached to them! She looks like she is due any day now! Any advice?

There's a really popular Chinese take out place that has the best egg rolls (they're actually known for that). They are busy EVERYDAY! These don't last at our house! We just had to have them with our Christmas meal!
Photobucket

My mom got me a giftcard at Macy's, and they are having this awesome sale. I've always wanted one of these! I thought it would be perfect since we have home fellowship at our home, and I'm always serving a hot dish! I can't wait to use it!
Photobucket

My kids got Twister for Christmas, and it was a CRACK UP watching them play (and cheat)!
Photobucket

And finally, it feels so good to have been able to visit your blogs, and catch up with you!!!

14 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Yumm, egg rolls! Over here, we call them spring rolls and we usually make our own --putting in lots of coriander, celery, carrots, water chestnuts, and minced pork. :)

Stacy said...

We had stayed in our pj's for the past 3 days..lol! It is going to kill me to go back to a regular schedule next week! Those egg rolls look yummy!

Glad I got caught up with yours too:)

Have a great day!

Lana said...

I think all things diet go out the window this time of the year! (Not that you need to worry about that anyway!) I used to love playing Twister when I was little. That pic brought back lots of memories. And as far as cards go, all of our cards are addressed, but haven't been sent out yet. Maybe I will get to that today. Have a terrfic Tuesday! :)

Susie said...

I love those chaffing dishes!!

Lauren said...

those cookies and egg rolls look amazing!!! I loved playing twister as a kid! Such a funny game! :)

Serendipityissweet said...

Yum, and yum! We're finally to the bottom of our cookie tins, but I've been pigging out for weeks! Yikes.

Those egg rolls look so yummy.
So glad you are enjoying your time off. Looks like lots of fun:)

Megan said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I definitely recommend Zumba for the Wii! It's really fun and as good a work out as going to a class! I'm totally with you on those homemade goodies, I wouldn't be able to resist! Have a great Tuesday!

Together We Save said...

I do love egg rolls!! Hope you are enjoying your holiday!!

Darcie said...

It does look like you are truly enjoy every minute..second...of your vacation! Glad to see!

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Cookies are completely irresistible, so I made only a single batch so far. Who knows maybe I'll get inspired, but already have enough trouble finding something that fits to wear LOL Have a Happy WW and New Year!

Marice said...

weehh! my fave, egg rolls :) i super agree, who could resist that goodies! enjoy your time off sissy!

Veronica Lee said...

The egg rolls are irresistable!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love egg rolls! However, I am going to pretend those are cute boots you bought at Macy's okay?

Stephanie said...

I'm trying so hard to catch up. I've missed being around for the last few months.

I can't believe your little one is pregnant! Are you going to keep one? Can't wait to see them - they will be adorable!

I'm with you on the schedule. We've had a wonderful week of no schedules at all. As a matter of fact we haven't left our house in 3 days - kids have stayed in pjs all day long only to switch into new pjs at night :) I'm ready for summer!