Monday, December 20, 2010

WE'RE PLAYIN' BASKETBALL!

Our school started their very first girls basketball team! At first, most of the girls were hesitant to play, but the more they were talked to about it, the more they started to warm up to the idea. They hardly had any practice time (except during P.E.), and they knew the basic fundamentals of the game. Little did they know that after only a few weeks of practice, they were going to play their first game! 

We were all nervous, but excited at the same time! They all played well together (although they lost), but that didn't discourage them. Some of them really caught on to the game, and I know with a few (alot) more practices, they will be a winning team. They already have a great attitude about it (win or lose).

My daughter, Miranda, absolutely LOVES playing now (that's her on the far left). I think with her already being athletic, it has helped her alot. She's an aggressive player, and not afraid to get in the mix!! 

I look forward to seeing this team grow!! I wish I was this athletic at her age!


Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

Cool! We're playin too!

Kimberly said...

Good for Miranda! I hope they get better and better, but more importantly, that they have more and more fun playing. :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

How fun! I hope they have a great season!

Susie said...

Whata wonderful activity for the kids:-)

He & Me + 3 said...

To play basketball you definitely need to be athletic and aggressive. I just know your daughter will do so good. Any team sport is fun to be a part of.

Deborah Ann said...

Boy does that take me back. I played basketball in jr. high.

I hope you have the MERRIEST CHRISTmas ever!

Buckeroomama said...

Yay for a girls' basketball team! I love watching basketball and I always wish more girls play. :)