Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm pooped!!!!!!!!! Day camp, Day 2..

Boy, I'm wiped out from today!!! When I signed the kids up for this program, I initially had no intentions of helping out. I thought, "I can't wait...a whole week to MYSELF!" But, as I was there yesterday, I did notice that there were not enough volunteers for as many kids that were there. I told my husband that I'm going to help this week, because I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Many hands make light work." I just know that this program is such a blessing to have in the first place. This is the least I could do! Anywho, there are about 55+ kids at the day camp, and I was helping out with the younger kids (K-2nd grade). We actually had to split that group up in half because there are 35 of them all together. The morning starts off with a bible story from Mrs. C, and then they head off to cooking class! We even have Mrs. Marie dressed as a chef to help guide the kids along! Today they made chocolate chip cookies! Of course, we pre-measured everything so all the kids have to do is pour all the ingredients in the bowl and stir! After cooking class, they played in the gym for a little bit then headed over to the craft room for their cookie art project. I was busy helping out so I didn't get to take alot of pictures like I expected. Anyway, they all have lunch together at noon, and then it was more activities for the kids! The older group (3rd-5th graders) went to a Convalescent Hospital, sang worship songs to them, and then handed out bagged chocolate chip cookies! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Eli since he is with the older group. Finally 3 o'clock comes around and the parents start picking up their kids. Each of my three older kids asked if a friend could come over. I was like, "NOOOOO..not today." LOL. So, here are some shots of the kids today! They are not in order..lol.






No comments: