Thursday, September 18, 2008

A-W-A-N-A

Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed-2 Timothy 2:15

That is what Awana stands for. I love the Awana club. My two older children were involved from the time they were 3 & 4 years old! The purpose of Awana is for children to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ! My kids remember scripture they learned from such a young age. And that is the point, to hide Gods Word in their hearts and to apply it to their lives!

So, my three youngest will start Awana tomorrow night at the church that my older kids went to. In fact, I'll be helping out for a couple of hours every 1st & 3rd Fridays of the month. This works out perfect because my two older kids are at the Jr. High fellowship at our church, and my hubby is at our friends home fellowship that night. I originally thought I would be "dropping off" my kids at Awana and then going back to our friends home fellowship, but God had other plans for me, and well, His plans are always better then mine!

1 comment:

maria said...

Love the new look! We have AWANA in a nearby church, we haven't some around to joining yet.

Teng