Friday, November 7, 2008

SWITCHING OVER!

Don't you love it when you make changes where it ends up saving you money in the long run? Last night, two reps from Comcast Cable were going door to door offering their services. One of their first questions to me was, "What are you using for cable?"

I respond casually, "Oh, we don't have cable."

"You don't? So what do you guys use?"

"We just have bunny ears." (I do want to point out that we did have cable years ago, but we felt led to discontinue the service because there was really nothing worthy or suitable to watch).

They look at each other and chuckle! I'm thinking,"Oooooookay..what's so funny?" It's like they could not believe there was a family (with kids) that did not have the Disney Channel playing 24 hrs a day! They were actually really nice, so I didn't take offense when they did that!

Then they asked about my internet, and how much I was paying through our local phone company. Again, another chuckle! Turns out that with their low price of $39, I can get FASTER internet speed, unlimited local & long distance, PLUS local (and a few others) channels in that package. On top of that, NO CONTRACT!! I pay $39 just for my internet alone (not including the landline)! It seemed to good to be true, so I said out loud, "Are you really from Comcast?" They took me seriously and immediately took out their badges! Ha!

I had a great conversation with them, and it felt like I was chatting it up with some old friends..LOL. Yah, I guess I need to get out more, eh? So, now I will see what all the hoopla is, about "cable modem." I don't know what I'm more excited about? The 8x faster speed, or watching Curious George sans static???

8 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh that's too funny! I know what you mean. You see ads and think "that must be too good to be true". I hope it works out for you! It did for my husband's grandmother. I never heard her complain about it. They were even nice about it when she had to discontinue because she moved into an assisted living facility. It wasn't comcast, though. It was a different company. I live too far out in the boonies for them. Have a great weekend, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 21st Century

He & Me + 3 said...

That is an awesome deal! Yeah for your internet!

hello said...

wow, what a deal!! We do not have comcast here, boo hoo. We are paying around $140/ month for our cable. But, we have internet, 2 dvr's, on demand digital cable, and some movie channels. Still to pricey though.

Daphine said...

Great dael! WOW! Maybe I need to check into Comcast!

Daphine said...

I'm a retard...I meant to type great d-e-a-l! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers my love! They are totally needed and felt... I love you!

Susie said...

That is really funny. If anything, it should make blogging easier:-) Hee, hee, hee:-)