Thursday, November 6, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

1Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of Christ Jesus in you.

Wow, that's HIS will for us! Key word there is "everything." In EVERYTHING, give thanks!

I have so much to be thankful for! I'm not talking about "material" things, but things that are/will be eternal.
  • I want to thank God, for His son, Jesus, who suffered a brutal death on the cross just so we could make it to heaven. He took all the sins of the world upon himself, even for those who rejected Him to the end. But, He's alive, and we have His Holy Spirit to guide and direct us. Who better to do that than the Creator of this world! Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
  • I want to thank Jesus for His free gift of salvation. He offers it lovingly, but it can't be considered a gift till someone accepts it. My name is in the Lambs Book of Life! Stamped and sealed! Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
  • I want to thank the Lord for blessing me with a husband and children who love Him too! He knows we're not perfect. We fail daily, but He is right there to pick us up. How awesome to know that we can always rest in His arms!! 2Corinthians 12:9a And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
  • I am so thankful for our home fellowship. There is nothing better than being around other believers, and being able to share everything with them. From burdens to encouragement, they are literally your family. How awesome it is that we can call any of them, at any time if we need prayer, AND to know that they are calling everyone they know to pray for us too! There is also a confidence and trust that is built on the Lord. There are no fronts, no games, no "acting", just come as you are. We eat, we laugh, we sing, we cry, we eat (lol), and most importantly, we lift each other up! We are all transparent and love each other, in Christ. Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
  • I'm thankful that God blessed my husband and children with the ability to worship Him with musical gifts. We love us some praise & worship music!!!!! My husband is on the worship team at our church and plays percussion (congas & djembe). My two older kids play guitar and sing. They rotate worship in the Jr. High group. I love that they know they are doing this for Gods glory and not for themselves. Hebrews 2:12a I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”
For more Thankful Thursday's, click here!

11 comments:

i said...

Happy TT! A lovely thankful post! God bless!

Denise said...

Such a beautiful, thankful heart you have dear.

He & Me + 3 said...

Loved your post! I lead worship for our youth group back in the day. That is awesome that your kids are talented and are using it for the Lord.

tiki_lady said...

Hey you, I thought I would pop over and check you out. You and your family are GORGEOUS! Thanks for being a follower.
I loved your gratitude post. You have such a strong testimony of God and as we share all that we have even our talents, he blesses us with so much more.

Susan said...

Wow, what a great list...

Thanking God with you for all these wonderful things.

By the way, your children are just beautiful!

Susie said...

That is a great thankful post. Very apropos for the season:-)

Laurie Ann said...

Precious blessings, indeed! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great list! We have been in several home fellowship groups throughout the years. I miss each one of them. The relationships there are priceless. Have a great Thursday, my friend!

Unknown said...

Great post and a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing!

God's Girl said...

It is so great to cultivate our attitude of gratitude!

Thankful Thursdays are great! Actually, thankful everyday is the best! : )

Thanks for sharing. It blessed my heart!

Julie

Daphine said...

Great post! Loved it!