Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Starting healthy...

For the last couple of weeks, I have been really watching what I have been eating. I mostly have been watching my carb intake. I did the Atkins years ago (combined with exercise) and I lost so many inches. Okay..that was like two kids ago..lol. When my youngest daughter was close to one year old, I was consistently on my treadmill, and also watching what I was eating. Well, it has been downhill ever since! The treadmill was on it's last thread, and it just made it's way out to the garage and to the dump. I know that you can't just do one or the other (eat good but not exercise, or vice versa). Well, you know how you finally reach that point where you had it? That's where I'm at right now. First and foremost, I need to be healthy and active for my children. What kind of example would I be if I wasn't? Also, I still want to remain attractive to my husband. I think it is our responsibility to not just let ourselves go. So, with the Lords help, He has been helping me to be consistent, to eat right, and to exercise. I have had this Tae Bo Inspirational VHS tape for a few years now, and just started doing that again. Boy, does it work me out! Last night, Gabe and the two older kids came back from soccer practice while I was still exercising and they were all cheering me on! I have a great support system at home! So, that's where I'm at right now. I feel good, and very motivated!!

I took this picture of Veronica tonight. She's so funny because she thought of this pose on her own. She's laying on my lap, so that is why it's so close up!!


No comments: