Thursday, October 30, 2008

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, VERONICA!!

Where does all the time go? I remember when she was just a wee one. I could not put her down for anything. Not because she didn't want me to, but because I didn't want to! Surprisingly, she didn't end up being clingy. She's the total opposite, but she is definitely a "mommy's girl." I remember when the ultrasound tech told me I was having a girl, I was so overwhelmed with joy. My oldest daughter was only 6 at the time, but I didn't get to really baby her when she was born because my eldest son was still a baby, only 10 1/2 months old! So, it was like I had twins!! Then I had two more boys after her, so you can imagine how I felt having another girl! I totally expected to have another boy, and I still remember feeling excited just thinking "what if" I was having a girl! Veronica is such a girly girl, but she can still keep up with the older kids! When she was about 1 1/2 years old, I could not, not have matching bows with every outfit she had on! It was her "signature" look. I know that sounds totally corny, but any moms out there who are obsessed with bows, you know what I'm talking about! Well, I knew that that would only last a few years, and sure enough now, she likes to wear her hair down with just one clippy in it! I can go on and on about her because I just adore her to pieces, but I assume you can pick up on that already!

Our plans for tomorrow? Harvest festival at church, and I'm going to surprise her by having a couple of tables decorated in the cafe, all decked out in a Princess theme! She will be so thrilled! I am picking up a cake, and they're going to announce "Happy Birthday" to her! And yes, I will be going picture crazy! Look out for those on Saturday!

My lil' Asian baby

The "pre-bow" stage

Now in the "bow stage"
One of my favorite shots of herWe've moved on to hair flowers!

Our new obsessionThe last time she wore bows..4th of July 2008
My Princess

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love her big eyes in that last shot!

Yes, time sure flies ... and even with 5 kids and all the tough moments all moms go through, I'm sure you'll still miss those moments spent with them when they're still so very tiny!

I know I do :)

And to Veronica: happy birthday, you're one blessed girl whom God has placed in one God-loving family. May you grow loving and trusting Him always too.

Heidi said...

Oh she is beautiful! I love the flower bows. I still stick bows in my daughter's hair, I guess I am just trying to make her stay little.

Happy Birthday beautiful girl!

He & Me + 3 said...

Absolutely stunning! She is definitely a princess! Love all the hair accessories, so cute! Can't wait to see the rest of your pics...these were awesome!

Sara said...

Awe, Happy Birthday!

I like how you say the LAST time she wore hair bows. It's so weird that they go through that stage. My daughter just turned 5 October 12th and she was the same way.

I love looking back at her old pictures though. She looked so cute with the hairbows. *sigh* they grow up so fast!

Susie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl:-)

Daphine said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL! And I can totally relate to always matching her bows with every outfit. I was the exact same way with my oldest!
Beautiful post!

Have a great weekend!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Hey Alicia:) Those are precious pictures! Being a mom is sooo bittersweet! We want them to grow up and be healthy, but it is soooo sad. My hubby doesn't seem to understand when I get weepy eyed about it. I know that it's just life, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!