Thursday, October 30, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY-STAY AT HOME MOM

This week, I want to share how thankful I am for being a stay at home mom. Not many women get to stay home with their children (or maybe not even want to). Some people can't imagine being at home ALL DAY with five children, but I can't imaging being home ALL DAY without them. Of course, there are days that I want to pull my hair out, or send them to their rooms, and even contemplate about registering them at the closest school! BUT, and that's a big but...I know that God has put me in this position for a reason. It's not because I think I'm more patient than other people (because my kids will tell you that my patience runs low on some days), or that I'm super organized and can "handle it all." It's the total opposite! I know that I can't do it on my own. I need the Lord all the time. On the days where things are going according to plan, I'm so thankful, and on the days where I'm ready to run out of the house, I'm even more thankful! Sounds weird, huh? Now that my two older children are pretty much in their pre-teen years, I see how important it is to keep a watchful eye on things or people that are in their lives. What an awesome privilege I have to be with them..lol..24 hours a day! Yah, that sounded funny just typing it! I'm extremely thankful that the Lord has been providing a way for us to be a one income family for 10 years now! Now, you know that's totally God! My husband loves that I can be home with the kids, and I'm so thankful that he would do anything to keep it that way!!

To see more Thankful Thursdays, click here

15 comments:

i said...

Sounds challenging but very rewarding! I guess I'd be the opposite of you LOL! I'm thankful for having a job to go to out of the house LOL!

Happy TT and remain blessed!

Debra Kaye said...

It is truly a great gift! Thank you for sharing your thankful heart with us today!

Blessings to you.

Denise said...

May God sweetly bless you, and your children.

Unknown said...

AMEN! Alicia I could have been writing this post. I feel the exact same way - as a Mom of 7 soon to be 8. Oh it has nothing to do with me and everything to do with His plan for me as their Mom! I love how He blesses our obedience to the calling of being here with them each day!

In His amazing grace,
Jill
PS Your family is beautiful!

Laurie Ann said...

I'm so glad you are right where God has called you to be! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

This is a beautiful post and I couldn't agree with you more. I have been able to be a stay-a-home mom for nearly 20 years while I raise my nine children (homeschooled for 13 years)

\and I wouldn't wish it any other way. Thank you for your sweet thought!

Sara said...

It is an amazing blessing to be able to stay home with the kids. A lot of people don't get that chance or even WANT that chance, but I think it's a job God chooses for certain people.

I'm thankful he chose me. :)

Susie said...

I have the same blessing. Not everyone can or want to do it but I am glad that I do:-)

The Farmer Files said...

Being home with my kids has been more of a blessing than I could ever imagine in the first few months with my eldest. I didn't get the blessing of being home. He slept all of the time, and I didn't initially love being home. I didn't dislike it; I just didn't get what everyone was talking about...how they just LOVED it. But then we moved to Hawaii, and the looming thought of going back to work was no longer an option. My baby was just 6 months when we planned the move, and 8 months when we arrived. Within days of moving into our home with my baby I really, really started to get it. It is almost 4 years later and I could never ever imagine a different lifestyle!!! My husband and my kids couldn't imagine it any other way, either! Much aloha!

Melanie said...

So thankful God has blessed you with staying home with your children.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Daphine said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing it with us today!

He & Me + 3 said...

Being a SAHM is truly a blessing. Sometimes a sacrafice, but totally worth it all. So glad that you are able to be where you want to be & that your husband totally supports that. Mine too! Beautiful post!

Grammy said...

Wonderful post.
Have a great week.
Thank you.
Grammy

Unknown said...

Well said!! Some days are harder than others but all in all it is sooo worth it! :)

Thanks for you comment on my blog -- it is fun to find other moms of 5 to share stories with!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Hey Alicia! I saw your name and had to come check out your blog. There aren't many of us Alicia's out there that spell it right! I used to always joke with a friend that she spelled her name wrong. My TT was also parlty about being a mom. Have a great evening! From another Alicia!