Saturday, October 18, 2008

One On One Time

It was another non-stop Saturday for us again. We originally had plans to go to our friends for dinner, but we had Isaiah's friend with us, and we weren't sure what was going to happen tonight. He is the son of our friend who just went home to be with the Lord. His mom wanted me to kinda keep an eye on him to make sure he was doing okay, and to just watch out for signs that he might want to go home. He and his family are pressing on, and boy, what an encouragement it is to see their family so focused, and totally centered on Jesus! He really does not leave us nor forsake us!

My sister in law asked if she could take all the kids to the movies since we weren't going to our friends for dinner anymore, and there were no other plans of anyone getting together today from church. So, that was a blessing for her to take all of them! It gave me & hubby a chance to go out to dinner ALONE! My husband LOVES Pho (pronounced Phu). It's a Vietnamese soup, and there is a restaurant that he and my eldest son go to frequently. However, that would be my last choice if I had to pick where to go for dinner. Not that I don't like it, but I'm more of a pasta or burger and fries kind of gal. But, I knew he was tired, and was really looking forward to Pho. I told him that I wouldn't mind going. Besides, there's other dishes that I like from there besides the soup. I should have taken a "before" picture, but I wasn't thinking, so I just snapped a quick one when we were almost done with dinner. It was nice to be alone, and not be interrupted by all the kids. I almost forget how nice it is!
Picture of my "after" dinner

No comments: