Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SELF-ish

Yah...good ole, "SELF." That's how I felt last night when my friend asked if I could watch her three youngest kids today. I immediately thought of all my kids schoolwork that they have not completed, and for the work they have yet to do. She told me that she had a couple of other people that could watch them too, so I was like, "Yah, well, if it doesn't work out for them, I don't mind." Really, that was the truth, I didn't mind, but I was still feeling not 100% into it. To make a long story short, I am watching them today because I felt convicted as I was talking to her. You see, my friend is the one planning the memorial for our friends husband who just passed. Today she needs to take her to a few places (one being a cemetery). I was thinking to myself as we were talking on the phone, "Who am I to feel this way when Pat just lost her husband?" My kids not doing all their schoolwork in one day, pales in comparison to what my friend and her children are going through. I'm sure my friend doesn't feel inconvenienced helping Pat, and being there whenever she needs her. This morning, the Lord reminded me about this verse; "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

No comments: